Sunday, July 01, 2007

Education (academic only!)

We don't have to watch Ripley's Believe It or Not! to think incredible.

Popular Bookstore was having a massive sale during the weekend so I was drawn into it and found myself browsing while I waited for Becks to finish her class. A Ms Tai with a Bachelor degree wrote a Primary One Mathematics Assessment Book. I hope she is not in touch with the current education system because it contained all the wordy questions which I had to read twice! And I'm not even sure if an average Primary One student can recognize all the words to even understand the question (even if they had time to read it over and over again), hence they can only guess the correct answer (it was a multiple choice question).

Gosh, where are we heading to with our next generation?

No comments: