Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Chocolate Run

Since Mike Gayle, I have not found fun in books until 'The Chocolate Run'. This is not to say the books I read in between were crap. Just not FUN.

I stumbled upon Dorothy Koomson in a rental bookshop a few months ago and decided to give it a go. Afterall, I have finished everything that my fave authors had written *they are not coming up with new materials fast enough lah!*. I must commend she is the only author I know so far who can swing between drama and comedy so well. After 4-5 books, I don't get the 'mental saturation' from being exposed to the same writing style and similar plot.

Unfortunately like most books that appeal to me, I believe the fans are mostly females *sorry for the gender-stereotype and instinct but I seriously cannot imagine any male holding most of the books I've read in public. Probably takes real guts*, so to my female friends, this authoress comes highly recommended.

No comments: