Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Tremor (and my nausea)

A glimpse into a foodie's blog this morning whetted my appetite - a cream-filled donut! I have never seen anything quite like it. Maybe it's because it is found in Paris and unless I'm dreaming 24 hours a day, I won't be at that part of the world anytime soon.

Don't you feel like like poking a hole in that wide clump of cream? And don't you wish it was vanilla ice cream instead? That was my innocent train of thought this morning.

Fast forward that to a few hours now, after experiencing tremors (no thanks to an earthquake in Sumatra), if I really ate that, I would have vomitted all of it, plus half a cup of the TT I had during lunch. This is how I feel now - very nauseous. The whole office was gasping in shock and apprehension when they found everything before and under them swaying.

Another disaster has struck. More people homeless, more living in fear and discomfort.

No comments: