Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It Is Time

You know it is time to....

1. Quit your bad habit (nail-chewing)
when your colleague passing by your workstation tells you :"Hey, stop biting your nail."
(Oops. Was I? In broad daylight when your GM was seated so near?)

2. Cut your hair
when your 5-year-old daughter had commented more than thrice during the weekend :"Mummy, why is your hair so messy?"
(oh....it's just the wind. Oh....it's the fashion these days - the just-got-out-of-bed fashion. Oh....*damn. I ran out of excuses*)

3. Buy more work clothes
when you spent more than 10 min every morning at your wardrobe, swinging hangers from left to right, right to left.

4. Buy more work clothes - part II
when you wonder when the next time you will go to your folks' place where you can run through your younger sis' wardrobe (she has A LOT of new clothes which she did not bring to Vietnam!).

5. Stop snacking
when your colleagues whom you see everyday commented that you have a double-chin and seemed to have put on weight (I thought the weight gain is subtle! Only my clothes are a bit tighter now...but my reflection in the mirror....)

6. Panic
when your GM doesn't care a thing you are saying anymore (because he's leaving soon!).
A few outstanding issues and project....how, who, what, when? I was almost going to take the initiative to take them up because shamefully, 2 of my staff have expressed concern over his, hence mine, nonchalance. Then I consulted 'some people'. M summed it up for me - "Don't be a hero".

Heros always die in the end, don't they?

No comments: