Friday, June 06, 2008

A Day Out!

One really doesn't need to drive, spend much money to bring kids to the latest attractions during the school holidays.

Without M, I managed my 2 active troops well and took them to another New Town on a double-decker bus. Seated on the upper deck right in front, they excitedly took in all sights in the fullest view for 3o minutes. When we returned home, we took the MRT, travelling from one end of the island to another, changing platforms. I tried to make it more interesting and educational with my best of explanation and knowledge of things they observed.

On the way home, a blind man alighted at the same bus-stop with us. With nobody else available and heading the same direction, we helped him with his walking cane to his place. Becks, as usual, asked a lot of questions about him after we parted. I took the chance to help her understand about helping 'helpless strangers' and what can be defined as a good samaritan.

It was such fruitful 'excursion'...to me. I hope the troops felt the same way too, simply based on time well-spent with their mommy. :)

No comments: