Friday, April 24, 2009

Circle Journal

The idea was borne a few months ago. Well I don't know how long it has been residing in RJ's head but it was officially shared with us a few months ago.

I have blogged about the 4 of us before, having known one another since 17, during a mere 1st 3 months in Temasek Junior College. There was a gap of non-contact and then about 8 years ago, we reunited. Now one of us - QT is in New Zealand with her entourage so the chances of us meeting together have reduced.

I received the pretty journal yesterday via registered mail. Now the 'ball is in my court'. I read the rules, for eg. each of us should have 4 pages of entries and not hold the journal for more than 3 weeks. After my entry, I shall pass it onto the next person, on and on, until 4 books are finished and each of us will have 1 as keepsake or to pass it on to a 'new generation' (that is, if I have read and remembered them correctly. Yes, the rules are quite plentiful!).

RJ is hopeful and big on mementos. I want to support her in her innovation and her sentimentality, and most of all, to rejoice in our friendship.

2 comments:

LE TREEBIRD said...

interesting! i don't think i can make an effort to keep contact with friends in this manner. Good job, RJ! A keepsake for next generation - nice! Reminds me of that yaya sisterhood movie. :)

SweeChing said...

hope you have fun with it.... and pass it on... cant wait to see what rubbish goes in there : P