Sunday, August 30, 2009

3008

"Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeee......!"

The big 4-0 is looming on the horizon. When you look at it mathematically, it's unbelievable but on the inside, I really don't feel very much different 10-15 years ago. If you like drama, try watching Elegy. In one scene where Sir Ben Kingsley's character was struggling with age, he said something along the lines and I realised it really couldn't be further from the truth.

I was yelling at Travis for irritating his sister and he grabbed my sleeve, looking at me intently saying, "Mummy, today is your birthday. You are not supposed to get angry!" The sentence was said slowly with deliberation. And it struck me how fast he is growing (naturally - everyday is a reminder!) and glibness could be part of him. Probably as most ageing mothers go, I'll say my troops are an indication to my biggest achievement.

No comments: