Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reality Bites

Travis likes this 8-year-old boy, Zann. For almost a year, after kindergarten, they would play together until Zann's school bus arrived and whisked him away for his afternoon session.

So naturally his shifting house has affected Travis.

I didn't realise how much until I asked him yesterday if he still saw Zann *what was I thinking, right?*.
He shook his head and gave the most forlorn expression. I consoled him by saying, "Old friends don't go, new friends don't come" to which he dejectedly replied, "I don't want new friends."

Aww.........................

While my heart goes out to me, well he's on a life journey afterall. His mother is still on it, learning to face differing emotions and managing them.

1 comment:

LE TREEBIRD said...

i don't want new friends tooooooooooooo. :(