Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Lo Hei" Dinner

I always dread social events, worse if it's among people I'm not remotely close to. But I realised each time it is over, I'd be glad I went because it was personally fulfilling (I was involved in the lucky draw prize distribution and manning the venue).

The organizer is probably in her late 60s, a veteran in such events. For those born in the 70s, you'll probably remember "Er gu" in Kopi-O during SBC days. Notwithstanding oldies crooning old songs which were probably a huge hit in their hay days but left me completely clueless and bored, she held the show really well with her cute antics and jokes. And then there was the upbeat performance of 2 dancing 'sisters' who reminded me so much of the ones in "881" but were probably more than twice older with figure TO DIE FOR. With a change of 4 flamboyant costumes, besides having middle-aged men drooling in their seats, I was enraptured myself.

In the end, basic decoration in a HDB estate's multi-purpose hall as venue, nothing dampened anyone's spirits. It was a success!

1 comment:

keathan said...

I think her name is Cai Pingkai. If I remember it correctly ...