Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ya-ya Sisterhood

Sis was back for one whole day yesterday. I was soooo glad my India trip was postponed to today, otherwise lunch-shopping-tea-more shopping with her would not have been possible!

She just returned from a 10-day leisure trip from Denmark and through her, my ignorance towards the country was alleviated. I confess I just realised:

1. Denmark people are not Dutch. They are Danish.

2. Denmark is known for Hans Christian Anderson (at least I remembered he wrote "Thumbelina" (refer to my email address*hee*), B&O and Danish cookies (those sold in nice tins in Cold Storage...but sis said Danish doesn't eat them!)

3. 1 krone has hearts on the coin and a hole in the centre of it.

4. Danish are effectively bi-lingual, English being one of them.

****

Sis will return to Ho Chi Minh this morning, back to the grind. She said her next job posting may be Sydney, Australia.

No comments: