Wednesday, April 28, 2010

30s SUCK!

I thought being in my 30s is supposed to be the real deal. Comfortable in my own skin, knowing what I want, etc.

For the past 48 hours or so, I was confronted with my fear. Not my usual fear towards spiders, lizards....I thought the worst emotion one can experience is coping with separation. Fear to move out of comfort zone makes it a very close 2nd.

Not consciously looking for a job, something which I did 4-5 years ago caught up with me 2 days ago. I decided to give the interview a try because I have been out of practice. 7 years! The position was extremely daunting: A Head of Division overseeing 60 staff in 3 departments.

If someone was confident and wanted to take an ego trip and/or face more challenges in life before hitting the big 4-0, he/she would have jumped at the chance and not be like me, had apprehension written all over my face.

I've gotten over the scope of the position. I've not gotten over my fear yet. It's very real.

No comments: