Thursday, April 15, 2010

Follow Your Heart

I told my colleague yesterday that I am facing a small dilemma and she advised me to 'follow my heart'. Wtf does that mean???? I was too polite to ask further.

This morning she called me and said actually it is through counselling sessions to bring one to the stage of 'following ones' heart' ah...at least this makes sense). She is taking a degree course in psychotherapy now so she said she would go through her materials again to refresh herself and would volunteer to counsel me. Despite the amateur setting, I'm game. I don't want regrets.

2 comments:

SweeChing said...

i think counselling is a private matter... and unless you totally trust this "amateur" colleague of yours, is it "safe" to consult someone still under training???? will you be pointed in the right direction???

on the other hand, the role of a counsellor at the basic level is to talk through your problem with you, and facilitate the development of your own decision (here's the follow your heart part, I guess)... so since we women love to talk with friends, we're seeking "counselling" all the time anyway... question is when do one decide that "professional help" is required????

Miffy said...

I'm lumping 'talk therapy' and 'counselling' to be the same...and esp since it's FOC :D
If not, you're right. When does one decide that 'professional help' is required?!