Monday, June 11, 2007

Makes no sense!

Cellphone ringing, I looked over to find the very irritating "private no." on display. I pay a monthly $5 to the service provider for caller ID and don't expect the other side to outsmart me.

Anyways, I'm sure you have been receiving sales calls from banks. I don't mind them because some have extended me service which I would otherwise not be aware of and mostly, I know like myself, they are just doing their job.

So I found myself contemplating if I should answer the call, well knowing it's gonna be from a bank. Then again it could be an old friend whom I like or head-hunting company (haha) or free ticket to Paris (hahaha).

Man: Hello, Ms Lee, this is Patrick from xxx bank.
Miffy: *DOH!* Mm-hmm.
Man: I am calling to survey our customer service level. I refer to a call by one of our officers, Catherine on 30 May.
Miffy: 30 May??!! Catherine?
Man: Yes, a female.
Miffy: *my question wasn't on her gender, you fool! Like how am I supposed to remember a call that day by someone that name if it is as irregular as my bowel movement?!!!?* I'm sorry, I don't remember so I can't do the survey (in my most polite of tone...in case karma does happen).
Man: Oh...OK *hangs up*

If you want to do a survey effectively, you must perform it immediately! Most of us probably don't even remember what we have for lunch on the same day a few hours later, especially when every working day is similar.

The call really made no sense to me.

No comments: