Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A "pilot" no more?

I blogged about David once...unkindly. That guy is actually M's ex college mate. He has a notorious reputation among his close friends - he tends to 'fly aeroplane'* so agreeing to meet him for lunch today actually required a leap of faith.

I'm glad my skepticism towards him can be discarded. It feels nice seeing a friend back from a long time ago. The last time I saw him was 5.5 years ago, my wedding day.

So anyway, "Invincible David" who had a 6-pack and uniform leanness despite his drinking habit and lack of strict diet regime, has become visibly fatter. The truth about being in our 30s. That dreadful slowing down of our metabolic rate. But he makes no apology about that 'spare tyre'. Still a big fan of Elvis Presley, he merely told me even The King got fat and ugly.

I didn't dare probe about his fall-out with 'Pit Bull' (another of M's ex college mate. We used to hang out together oh-so-often). I'm sure he has good reason to spare me with the details. I just thought only women friends fall out with one another, not men. So my wild imagination took me to 2 main reasons - either or OR both - a woman & money.

Whatever.

I hope to chat with him again.


* One who makes arrangement to meet but cancels/postpones at the last minute.

No comments: