Tuesday, August 14, 2007

'Arrowed'!

Now I know what our local army guys mean when they say they 'kenna arrowed'.

We had one of our more frequent meetings last night. While JF tried to be ever so diplomatic and insisted on appointing an acting O.C. only upon voluntary basis for the upcoming Block Party, all of us tried to look elsewhere as if eye contact would grant an automatic appointment (ostrich behaviour???).

So I said: "J, you are the project leader. Volunteering isn't going to lead to a result so you appoint and disregard how we feel because we shouldn't take it personally in the first place." Apparently, he took my cue and said: "I like that. (Miffy), let's do it!"

I grinned, feigning enthusiam.

Doh!

2 comments:

keathan said...

Haha! That's quite an oxymoron you have there (volunteering yourself).

Arrowing is more dangerous; usually you find out only after the arrows hit you, and sometimes, with the huge arrows, one can "die standing".

Miffy said...

I guess in my instance, it's truly a case of 'speak only when absolutely necessary'!