Friday, August 10, 2007

SPM

"Letters are expectations packaged in an envelope". So simply yet aptly put.

But most people today may think "whatever!" when emails, sms and instant messaging reign.
It's sad how fast so many things are diluting......

I spent National Day going to the Singapore Philatelic Museum. My 1st time. Thanks to WL for informing that admission to all local museums was free. We were fast running out of ideas.

I tried collecting stamps when I was really young. It started when I received a huge stamp album (I can't recall from whom) but the hobby didn't last because of my impatience and lack of sensitivity in appreciating the art and design that went through behind every stamp. Now, it simply appeals because of the rarity in getting stamped letters in my mailbox regularly.

No comments: