Friday, August 17, 2007

Cold = More Frequent Peeing?

Without much thinking, I passed a casual comment to my colleague: "I just realised I went to the toilet to twice in a 15-minute interval.", and she replid: "Oh yes, cos the weather is really cold today."

It is not the first time I hear people linking weather with our (changing?) bladder capacity so it set me thinking - is there really a correlation???? It's so bizarre to believe!

If you have information, please do share and quote your source.

2 comments:

barefoot girl said...

The renal system extacts urea and ions under pressure. Very high pressure actually.

When it is cold, the body reduces surface blood by constricting epidermal blood vessels, which results in internal blood pressure increase, which results in peeing more often.

source: http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/archives/archive56/newposts/570/topic570952.shtm

Miffy said...

It is TRUE we learn something everyday!