Friday, November 02, 2007

Imagination...the lack of it.

So I'm not the only one who thinks Rachel Weisz is absolutely beautiful. Annie Leibovitz thinks so too and it pleases me to think we could have the same taste (assuming all other 'common' human beings do not exist). If you have a copy of TODAY newspaper today, go to page 48 and you may agree with me.

The thing is... whenever I read a novel and the author describes a beautiful woman, I tend to imagine Weisz or Jennifer Connelly (if I'd want to throw in those unique grey eyes to the character). I realised I have the dark-haired women in their 30s, I don't have one in their 20s. I haven't read a book recently that centralised a female in her teens or 20s anyways. I guess growing up struggling with zits or post-grad options doesn't make good read.

And when it comes to blokes (UK characters for UK authors) or dudes (American characters for American authors), I'm at a loss.

I don't have a vivid imagination. I need to 'borrow' faces that I know. And strangely, only Caucasian works *sheepish*. It amazes me to no end how people can read and enjoy fantasy books, and of course its authors. I always hear people saying that the book is definitely many times better than the movie. How can it be so? Are there sound and visual effects in our minds that am not aware of?

No comments: