Thursday, November 29, 2007

You Are What You Read

If you take the public transport, I'm sure you have had experienced more than once other passengers peering over your shoulder checking out what you are reading.

I for one was glad I wasn't into sleaze this morning when I side-glanced and found one man shamelessly reading intensely what I was reading. The large fonts and clean layout facilitated his past-time. Well, he'll probably have found that Mike Gayle (yes yes, I'm still at him. Into my 5th consecutive book) is hilarious and very good at subtle analysis of the human's thought processes.

I haven't seen people carrying around a Mills & Boons novel for a long time (hands up for those who remember the raunchy romance!!!). I think I'll even be too embarrassed to get caught with Sidney Sheldon. It's like screaming: "hey, I can't get it on in real life so I fantasize in books". Friends who know me may be surprised by such self-consciousness but this is one aspect I shudder just thinking about it!

No comments: