Thursday, February 08, 2007

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

The 'sisterhood' I'm referring to is really the one I share with my real-life flesh n blood sister. Apparently having settled in Ho Chi Minh already, she has been having more time to chat online with me during the day.

I find it odd that I still experience this strange sensation whenever I chat with her. I keep having to remind myself we are both in our 30s. She's a woman now. Not the cute l'le sis whom I used to talk 'codes' with and hugged each time we faced stress during exam periods (our rooms used to be adjacent to each other. She would holler right across whenever she heard one good song on the radio, I would go to the balcony where it's commonground and just chat to take a break from studying).

I'm glad like good friends, we possess good chemistry between us to share various topics with each other. My sister, my friend. :)

Anyway, it's no wonder parents still fuss over most of us even when we are every inch an adult already. It takes quite a lot of conscious reminding to oneself, otherwise one may lose onself and continue treating the other person as if time stood still. I think my current feeling is the closest to that as one can ever experience. Till 15-20 years later, when I cross over to 'the other side' then......

No comments: