Saturday, February 10, 2007

Humility

Debs' baby shower was very private and small. Actually it was more like an MGS-Alumni gathering. Anyway, thankfully she had very friendly galfriends, an exceptionally funny one and nice white wine to keep me entertained throughout the 2 hours.

I can say Debs was born with a silver spoon; her husband definitely as well. But they are really such nice people...and Debs and I have come a long way back. We were tight as friends. Within earshot that day, I heard she just bought a new place at Bishan. With shameless probing by the galfriend, I found out that it was a "corner terrace which they decided because a child would need the land to play."

It was said in a calm and humble tone...of course the sentence was far from humble if you choose to think about it. I can't fault her. It's proven that after all these years, she is from another planet.

Land. I mean I'm sure most of us would think of land = the playground downstairs or hopscotch right along the corridor outside your unit.

Oh well.

No comments: