Monday, October 23, 2006

Life goes on...




The consultation on 18th didn't give me the direction I had hoped for. Instead, it threw me completely off-guard. It's true again - EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.

So this Friday, I'm off for a day surgery.

Friends asked if I am afraid. I tell them as long as it can potentially save my life, expenses covered 100% by company's insurance (haha) and pain not as intense as that of labour, no, I am NOT afraid. And whatever the result is, it's destined.

And so life went on. I had a wild time with the troops at the pool again. I managed to watch 2 DVDs during the weekend and managed to survive the short (and very tiring) business trip in Vietnam.

Let me talk about Vietnam. To sum it up, it is Singapore in its 60s-70s. I LOVE the place. I didn't have the chance to walk on the streets because of our tight schedule but I did a lot of sight-seeing from the car. My only regret was not to have taken a picture of a petrol kiosk because that was a really classic setting.

Food was good of course. We were brought to this super brightly-lit Vietnamnese restaurant where we had lobster sashimi among their cuisine. This chap, reminding me of an eunuch (now how does a castrated man look like??) and bearing a most sadistic expression, pierced a sharp and long needle right in the middle of the lobster from bottom up. They served us its 'juice', its raw meat and finally also a sweet-tasting porridge with its cooked meat.

Vietnamnese also seems to like playing Emil Chau's songs cos I heard his songs re-done 3 times on the same day. Who cares about Emil Chau anymore when we have Jay Chou right? Well, the Vietnamnese.

I would like to visit the country again...(business of course, not pleasure. :P)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Trust me...u get the bestEST when u're travelling on biz......

keathan said...

Hope the surgery was fine. Get well soon!