Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend

It was a nice weekend. I call it the Becky-turns-4 Weekend.

13 Oct
Becks got a very nice DIY card from school. She sprinkled all the glitter in the alphabets "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and produced a nice piece of 'artwork' with her gong gong in the evening. :)

I keep telling myself I want to frame all these works and her photos...but been procrastinating to shop for nice but simple photoframes.

14 Oct
Though it was so unfortunate that Mong was down with fever with no known reason (no spots/blisters too!), it didn't stop us from visiting Sentosa's Underwater World on Saturday morning.

The last time we went there was exactly 2 years ago....only with Becks, when the monorail was facing its last days. This time, we drove straight there, busted $51.50 to experience the cool dark world to see the fishies, jelly fish, dugongs, sharks and many others. And this time, Becks can remember what she saw and relate to her por por and gong gong. :)

Frankly, Sentosa is just a boring place. Still. Decades ago Mom already joked about "Sian-tou-sei" ("boring to death" in Cantonese). Now with so much construction going on, the heat + haze, with buildings called Artist Village but only have workers lying around catching a shut-eye, what is there to do and see there????

Yes, you're right. I'm not a beachy person. The IR better be up and about fast.

Anyways, we swung by Beach Road Prawn Mee along East Coast Road for lunch. We parked outside 52 Telok Kurau Lorong N and took a reminiscent walk to the eating place.

The prawn mee sucked. A few years ago, I would ask for a 2nd bowl of soup. That day I couldn't even finish the 1st one. It was diluted! Bye bye prawn mee stall. You ain't getting this repeated customer anymore!

15 Oct
Becky turns 4! At 6:50pm, I think...4 years ago.

Now she's a girl who memorizes my cell phone number, dials them herself and has a decent conversation with me.

No comments: