Monday, June 19, 2006

The Lorraine Motel

Weekend came and went. We finally found The Animal Resort. I thought Sengkeng West Farmway areas dun exist in Singapore anymore. Filled with rust, algae, moss, lalang, etc. It is not for the clinical. :P

Mong had a good time with the goose though. The aggressive honking from a goose only put a smile to his face. I was freaked out. Geese can be so fierce meh?

Finally tried Miss U Cafe. I know, extremely tacky name but the deco and lighting was a contrast to the name. Food was ok considering price was so reasonable.

Had cake-cutting at the in-laws'. Dearest Mong was completely oblivious to the significance but of cos, it was more meant for good ole chieh chieh, who loves the candle-blowing experience and presenting the slices of cakes to the elderly. :)

Hey, have you ever seen a movie you liked so much that you would rewind and watch, rewind and watch? Esp at specific parts? I'm like that. I'll do that till I suffer from 'indigestion'.

In "Elizabethtown", I found myself mesmerized by the part when Drew (Orlando Bloom) and Claire (Kirsten Dunst) were driving to meet half-way after a first night-long phone conversation with each other. How it led to that point, complete with suitable soundtrack was...well, beautiful. It is not a typical romance story. It also takes you on a roadtrip in America, where people forget about Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis.... And I learnt about The Lorraine Motel.

OK, I'm gonna watch it again tomorrow....when the troops nap. Yea, I'm on leave tomorrow.
Mong's 2nd birthday - 20062006. Time flies.

No comments: