Thursday, June 29, 2006

To Bangkok and back...

The business trip was fruitful...but darn, gotta prepare the minutes.

SW turned out to be a very easy partner to go on trips with. I'm glad we managed to get to know each other better. I'm glad we managed to stay in a luxurious hotel (though the last time). I'm glad I managed to find a store at Lumphini Night Bazaar that sells Miffy tees. Very fruitful indeed. :P

Bangkok City is not for me. Sure the food and merchandize are cheap but the air pollution, noise pollution, overcrowding, dirty roads filled with pot holes (HORRIBLE 'traps' for ladies wearing high heels!) overwhelmed me. Basically, I came home with worn-out heels and more pimples.

"Lack of chivalry" is an understatement where GG is concerned. Got us caught in a 2-hour jam because he wanted to eat seafood at a specific place. That place turned out to be demolished. Then he walked further up, telling us that there could be more food ahead but hell no. He had a hidden agenda. He reached this IT mall and went in, sounding only a tad apologetic that he had to buy 'something'. SW and I waited and waited. Could have been 30 minutes. That plus the fact dinner wasn't settled and we were far from our hotel made me very edgy. I figured since he had the cheek to make us wait, I was going to be shameless to ask for a dinner treat.

That he obliged. I was pacified.:)

No comments: