Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Movies (my kind)

Zihuatanejo. This is not a word you see on a regular basis. I kinda liked it when I saw it on TV. It is also uncanny that the 2 movies which I saw back-to-back the recent weekend were related to Mexico.

It was from The Shawshank Redemption. I watched it on the big screen about 16 years ago. With whom I can't remember...but I wonder if at 16 then, I could feel it as much as I did now. The narration was intelligent and moving.

The other Mexican movie was Y tu Mama Tambien (whatever the hell it means, however the hell you pronounce it). I borrowed from sis who, like me, seems to have a 'fetish' for anything non-Hollywood. The more indie the better. The more non-English the better. I appreciated its blatancy.

And the last watched and recommended one was Dorian Blues. Like any other gay movies which I've seen, I thoroughly liked.

So seriously, please don't talk to me about Korean dramas. I'm just not interested. Nothing wrong with them but just not interested. :D

No comments: