Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Similarity...and reading

If I knew, I wouldn't want intensity in my life within such close intervals. Luckily the drama is just fictional... *crossing fingers*

Re-watching Award-winning movie, In The Bedroom over the weekend and reading (yes, you read right - reading. me.) Jodi Picoult's The Pact draw similarity to parents experiencing the loss of their child.

Separation by death is painful as it is but to outlive your own child must probably be the MOST torturous.

I'm barely done with the book but I like Picoult's style so far. If I'm finished, I will proudly claim it to be the 2nd one since June 2004. :P I think people hardly read these days. Always on the go. Swept by the hustle and bustle of life. And so, in wading through a hectic lifestyle, one completely loses interest. Then there remains no other reason or excuse why one doesn't read anymore. Simply, NO more interest.

Hence I marvel at M's unwavering interest...that has certainly survived through time. :)

No comments: