Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Torture

My throat feels like it's been stabbed 1,000 times. With a recently-sharpened dagger. I wonder how long and how many more lozenges I have to suck.

Talk about pain, I can think of several. Listening to "Square Rooms" over and over (anybody remembers who sang this?), going to Mambo Zouk (yes, you are getting the idea I dislike retro songs), trying to perfect my Mandarin whenever I speak to PRCs or Taiwanese (i.e. my system vendor), pretending to look interested in what O has to say and having to face her trying-to-appear-angelic face at the same time, realising I'm hitting 33 and zits are still sprouting...

**************

I brought the Taiwanese guests to Vivocity for dinner yesterday evening. We ate at Modesto's...for lack of ideas. It turned out that the service and food were good enough to make the dining experience very pleasant. We were given a table with a good view...but as usual, it was spoilt for me...with me, myself and I ended up ordering the wrong kinda pasta, cursing. They didn't have much chance to take it all in except that of course, they noticed the place was huge and crowded.

"Geek meeting" ends today! Yay!

Note: I dun fear making decisions and can be pretty confident in most of them. But when it comes to ordering Italian food, please do not get me involved.

No comments: