Friday, December 01, 2006

About Taiwan...not really.

I lost my mood to blog about my (personal) trip to Taiwan. I was actually waiting for the pictures taken by my vendor to be sent to me but she's probably not gonna do it anytime soon....

What I really wanted to post was the dinner they took us - fine-dining. I wanted to show a picture of the steak I ordered. A steak as thick as a Harry Potter book. A steak which I struggled to finish. A steak I never saw so many tendons on. A steak so friggin expensive which I would regard as a sin just to order. Then there was soup, dessert, exotic tea and more exotic tea. By the time we were done, we were practically floored! But it was an unforgettable experience.

Taiwanese are polite. A lot of 'xie xies' in everything they do. They are also disciplined (queue to board trains, stand on the right on escalators (they stand on the right)) and mind their own business. I found myself staring/studying them a few times, perhaps out of habit. It set me thinking that people with physical and mental handicap really don't have it easy in Singapore. Maybe this is a bold statement but a look around many public places reveal that they are objects of ostracization. Luckily we are wising up, getting more sensitive towards their needs now. :)

Anyways...............SW makes great travelling company. Basically, we share the same objectives - not shopping, not eating a lot, just exploring. We really maxed out personal time, finishing the meeting by noon, taking the train to the city and then reaching hotel close to midnight, only to wake up at 7am the next morning for more walking.

Hence, as kinda promised yesterday, I complete my 'explanation' for soreness (my legs...again I say. What were you thinking?). Taiwan I like...without having to pay myself for the major expenses. I can say I'm pretty done with that country for now....unless the photos come my way soon. Now to push for a Europe business trip next year... :P

No comments: