Thursday, November 30, 2006

Jobs & Blog Patrol...*and I'm back*

3 days in Taiwan was a blast. Yes, it was a business trip but we don't forget that 'self' comes 1st under any circumstance, right?

Before I get there to explain how I ended up feeling so pooped and sore (my legs!) today, I would like to thank my friend, Keathan for alerting me about my blogsite (yes this one) appeared in The Straits Times on 28 Nov. His sms came in the middle of my wonderful breakfast at the hotel, something about doing 'damage control'. I was so freaked out.

But ah...I found out it's not the swearing that will land me in jail (or Xiaxue would have gotten there already and long time ago), not any insensitive remarks that will land me dissected by netizens, not any hideous pictures posted that will land me lose face....it was just a harmless and very honest personal comment I entered.

So...phew. My 15 nano-seconds of "fame". :P

And so it leads me to wonder the people behind the scenes - the ones on blog patrol. It must be a visually straining job to read through blogs after blogs, sussing out key words, key materials of the moment, sensitive and insensitive ones, etc. I think people going for movie and food reviews have it more interesting.

I visited the Zhongzhen Memorial Hall in Taiwan and there stood 2 guards, opposite each other, with a poker face to match. They don't flinch, they stare ahead and just blink their eyes - you get the picture. It's a feat to deal with the monotony! I hear that every hour they swop places (OK, there must be a more honourable way of terming this) but that should be about their only highlight of the day.

Then again, a job is a job. A toast to it for simply helping us pay our bills.

1 comment:

keathan said...

Welcome back! =)

And I get to bask in a little bit of your fame as one of those curious enough also visited my miserable blog from the link here.

I now have a unique visitor hitcount of three, including myself.

For boosting my stats by 50%, I'd like to show my gratitude and appreciation to my most esteemed Visitor. If you're female, I'd like to invite you to tea, coffee or whatever amount of booze that'd make the 'knowing you better' process faster.

If you're male, then no, I do not have photos of naked women on my blog.