Tuesday, November 14, 2006

:(

There's just supposed to be one big news...about :B's departure tonight. She leaves for Japan to work for 3 years.

But before I get there, I got another one this morning.
GST hike: 5% to 7%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps just like the last time, consumers will scramble to buy things before the hike. I'm trying to think of a list for myself, for the kids, for the house, for anything and anyone around me. I have been looking at the dreary curtains in the rooms. They do a pretty good job blocking out the sunlight...but the blue. A sad sad blue.

Anyways! Yes, today marks :B's departure. Michelin and I would not be sending her off, hence we popped a surprise visit at her place last night. Not forgetting the farewell gift, not forgetting the TT which I tabao-ed.

We spent time going on a 'house tour', looking through her childhood photos (I was expecting her to look fat and pimply...but alas, it was all anti-climatic. You really didn't look too bad, :B!) and laughing at the usual silly jokes.

I have had many friends who's left Singapore to work but I think this time it's pretty different in that the friendship is still 'at a high' when this friend of mine leaves. It's strange how things do seem sweeter.

I know I ain't the sort who would chat at home regularly, get a webcam (just tell me if you have grown fat, changed your hairstyle, pierced your nipple, grown a mole, more pimples, etc) but I can be damn darn sure that we will not be out of touch.

Heard of the ole (tacky) saying during primary school days? Friendships Remain And Never Can End.

ALL THE BEST buddy!!!!

No comments: