Wednesday, September 20, 2006

And so the story goes....

No, I'm not blogging from the airport. I'm back in my (shit?)hole...in the office.

Early in the morning, I missed 3 calls from Boss. I knew it must be urgent so I returned it and was told to cancel my flight because NO, I DID NOT KNOW that Thailand has been declared a 'state of emergency' under martial law at 3am!!! Trying not to sound stupid/ignorant (can they be mutually exclusive?), I thanked him and said I would report to office as usual.

Personally, I'm glad. Becks has 'ordered' me to come home every night yesterday. I told her to please speak with my boss. Now, I dun have to disappoint a soon-to-be-4-year-old. :)

Professionally, I'm anxious. Cos there is a truckload of issues to discuss and settle with the Thai counterparts! Whatever they are not doing is creating this negative and intolerable spill-over effect on us. Looks like we have to grit our teeth and endure it a while more.

4 comments:

keathan said...

Confucius says, "Man who run through airport turnstile backward, going to Bangkok."

Miffy said...

Is it in Chinese originally???

keathan said...

There's a crude joke in there somewhere, if you read it carefully.

Confucius didn't actually say that, of course. Hehe. Apologies for sullying his good name.

Miffy said...

Argh!!!!!! You can't do this to me - explain that it's a joke. Now it won't be funny anymore...and I seem stupid. :D *I still dun get it actually*