Saturday, August 26, 2006

Aftermath






It's really been soooo long since I caught a movie at night, with friends, at Cineleisure. Yes all in that combination. It was memorable!

1st of all, thanks to WL's recommendation (and also my belief that she knows my taste very well), Pretty Persuasion is definitely worth seeing. Hollywood doesn't make dark humour films very often. I linked it to the quotes instead of the cast and every other detail to give you an idea of what it is like. I summarize: pretty f*cked up.

It reminded me of Match Point-"The innocent are sometimes slain to make way for grander schemes. You were collateral damage...". I love the last part especially when they showed the different scenes literally on TV, one after another, one after another...how the fall of one man (or girl) led to the rise of another. Brilliant film making.

After the movie was MoS of cos. YES WE MADE IT! We saw a few young farts queueing and our heart sank. We learnt it was an NUS event that day! Luckily we didn't go for Plan B (what Plan B???); we went in after much deliberation and checked out the place. After we were done, we stayed mainly in the Main Hall where progressive trance (or whatever you term that monotonous beat) which is actually my favourite section...reminiscent of good ole Zouk days (but not for the rest...they all like Smoove. Where's the space to even move properly?).

And 1:15am spelt the end of the night. Can't help it. We are all getting old....



No comments: