Thursday, August 03, 2006

Interview

This morning I was the interviewer, not interviewee. Well I was just adopting the passive role since the candidate isn't gonna be under my team.

What a waste of time. After 45-minutes of blah blah-ing, I knew it. The expected salary and our offered salary didn't match by a good S$600. I have already asked our HR time and again if this was informed from the start. She assured it was.

So you could imagine the literal drop of the chap's jaw when we told him our offered salary. After he left, we had to discuss the next course of action. My boss...what is with Japanese and being direct?????? As if ambiguity isn't torturous enough in business conversations, he put us through multiple rounds of ambiguity. It killed me...and it was not even 10:30am yet.

In the end, this always does the trick: "So...what IS the conclusion? Can we summarize?"

PS: I finally got my yahoo messenger up *yay*. Can finally chat with DDD. :)

4 comments:

keathan said...

You do know that you can now import Yahoo! Messenger contacts into MSN, and vice versa, right?

Miffy said...

NO!

But would I be able to chat with a friend from MSN and she chats with me from yahoo m? IMPOSSIBLE RIGHT? Cos she has no access to MSN at her work place...

keathan said...

Possible. She adds your MSN contact in Y! Messenger, while you add her Yahoo! contact in MSN. I'm not entirely sure, but may need the latest version of the chat programs though.

We can do a little experiment first, if you'd like.

Miffy said...

:)

You cue me when you're online.