Monday, August 07, 2006

Bad bad fall

Becks has a big, bloody awful (and ugly) scab on the left side of her face now, just barely touching her eye. It just screams O-U-C-H. She must have cried badly when it happened.

When I reached home on Friday evening with Michelle33 (she had an interview at my company and was so sweet to come home with me to see the troops), she was seated quietly, legs stretched out, watching TV. I was horrified when I saw that yellow and red patch. No thanks to the yellow antiseptic lotion actually; it 'glorified' the wound.

I was worried that the undue attention would make her more conscious and less confident. Afterall, I had mothers at Tien Hsia and aunties at coffeeshop approaching me, asking me what happened, bending down, scrutinizing the wound.

But she's gotten over it. She brought me and M to the area where she fell, trying her best to describe vividly what happened. The more heartening part was she had decided to wear her track shoes when we went out. Lesson learnt, I guess.

The over-protective me has been rehearsing with her over what she should say if teachers in school fussed or if students stared or poked fun at her.

"I fell on Friday and it's bad but it's healing. No worries."

:P

No comments: