Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Check-up DONE

No wonder my friends procrastinate such check-up. I'm just glad I grit my teeth and did it yesterday. And a blessing too. Because Dr Thong, the ever-so-friendly-and-subtly humourous-and-elegant (this combination is a rare find!) gynae of mine in her late 40s, found out that I am still producing breast milk....after 2 years.

Miffy: What???
Dr T: Yes, you mean you don't know?
Miffy: I dun squeeze myself on a regular basis.......

So other than the fact I am officially a cow, I am also packed with higher-than-normal level of prolactin, a protein hormone that can lead to tumor/s.

So after the K-Y connection where she 'reached in' to FEEL MY UTERUS, I had to lie down for 30 min to take a blood test because inactivity will give more accurate results, so I was told.

Well, as usual I couldn't stay still. ..and I believe sms-ing will only text the fingers right. So there I was, having taken half-day leave to end up lying on a hospital bed for 30 min to sms :B and M.

Luckily it didn't end very late. I was left with about 2 hours (to my self-imposed cut-off time of 5pm) to shop. That I did and it was pretty fruitful.

Till the next check-up in 2 years' time (phew....).....

No comments: