Saturday, August 12, 2006

Piggy Bank

I finally found a decent and cheap piggy bank for Becks! I haven't started educating her yet but soon. She had asked me what it was for.

I've read articles that teaching a kid self-financial management is extremely important. Afterall I FEAR for myself if she ends up being a serial borrower or bankrupt by early 20s. And who would she look for then????????????? :P

I dun really know what character-building means but I'm trying my best to teach her that she needs to be responsible for her own actions, toward her brother... I think the typical emphasis from other parents is on academic development like phonics and abacus. I had a galfriend who proudly told me that her 3-year-old daughter could pronounce the 'th' sound properly. LIKE WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?

1 comment:

keathan said...

It means dat dey will most likely not speak someting like dis, and instead speak ploper Inglish.