Saturday, August 05, 2006

Another nice breakfast session

I haven't seen J and his son for 2 years. The Kaw family visited me when I had l'le Mong.

J sms me yesterday evening, asking for breakfast and so we met this morning, hassle-free.

Ichiro (son) is definitely gonna be one handsome dude, thanks to his half-Japanese descent. Ichiro and Becks, being the same age, took a while to gel but after that moment passed, they were really having a good time at the playground.

Anyways, kudos to J. I believe no (or very few) husband can extend such support - his wife has been away from home, on her 1st flight out with Emirates that day, to be precise. He explained that it's more recently that she had been showing intense signs of home-sickness (she is from Osaka). So the most compromising solution is that she joins an airline; she gets to visit her family both in Singapore and Japan most frequently.

I am sure it was not an easy decision for J. Also, his wife must have gone through a prolonged crisis to do what she did. I understand she has always been a hands-on mom and naturally, Ichiro was more attached to her.

J was my friend since 16. He went to Uni in the States where he met his wife. They attended my wedding dinner and soon after when we both had our first kid, we visited each other. The outings were never frequent but somehow I know this friendship remains.

I hope to see the guys more often. We did plan on visiting the zoo together on 10 Aug. Till then......

No comments: