Sunday, August 13, 2006

Twins' 1-month old

Sunday was pure horrid.

Right from the start of the day, it was a mad rush. And poor Mong had to endure hunger pangs (which I later settled by giving snacks...which of course ruined his appetite for a proper but late lunch). Nonetheless, the obligation was fulfilled.

Aidan & Ian's one-month old celebration at the Carlton Hotel was not a simple affair. I believe the turn-out was larger than most friends' wedding dinner. To top off the unpleasantness, the whole place was not carpeted so noise was bouncing off the floor and walls. It got so bad that I was not even helping myself with the endless flow of sashimi.

I've never been a fan of events. To attend them with the troops usually meant of a lot rushing and ending up with no/very lousy appetite.

Anyway I consoled myself that such events are not held frequently. When it happens for my other friends'/relatives' child, my kids will be more grown up and it will get easier then.

And finally, I granted myself time away from the kids, especially from Mong, to get my waaaaay-overdue haircut. After having Kenny slammed me (OK lah, he was just being brutally honest...I appreciate honesty of any kind BUT I MUST LIKE YOU AND LIKE YOUR FACE A'RITE!), I wondered why I took this long.

So 2 missions accomplished. Not so 'horrid' afterall. :)

No comments: