Friday, July 28, 2006

Amazon

I'm about to make my virgin purchase at Amazon.com. I've been wanting to buy some DVDs which I'm sure I'll never find on the surface of Singapore.

1. Happiness
2. Jackie Brown
3. Clerks

I have the sudden urge to watch Quentin Tarantino films, especially Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs. I remembered watching Pulp Fiction when M got the video tape (???!!!) from USA. I tried twice, gave up halfway twice. Maybe if I try it again now, I may be able to understand it. :P

Apart from lack of time, I also miss the company of friends who's had the same interest in watching non-mainstream movies with me back then. 3 of them...1 whom I lost touch with, 1 who is in NZ and 1 who reads my blog regularly...you know who you are :)

2 comments:

keathan said...

Haha, I like so-called art-house films too. But I don't think I was one of the 3 people mentioned - still remember our first movie outing was to 'The Little Mermaid' (with Joyce). Must have developed the penchant for non-commercial flicks later on.

And hey, for your 'Sites I Frequent' sidebar, you can use the following HTML tag:

<\a href="http://www.imdb.com">Internet Movie Database<\/a>

Just remove the two backslashes - "\"

Then the link would show up like this:

Internet Movie Database

Miffy said...

Keathan - I cannot believe it! You remembered!!! So funny! I can't bring myself to watch cartoons/animation anymore...

Thanks for the tips. :)

WL - YES YOU ARE!