Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Long weekend

Yesterday was a company holiday. I took the chance to bring L'le Mong to the hospital for his follow-up check-up.

Kids are unpredictable and amazing. The minute we emerged from the MRT station and the hospital building loomed ahead, he cried. Actually he sniffed. Then tears rolled out. I swear he will always be the man of my moment - HE ALWAYS BREAKS MY HEART! (sorry, M.....). It was very traumatic for him at the hospital about 2 weeks ago...with the neubilizer but I didn't expect him to recognize the place, the building. But thinking back, why not. We brought him to the playground at the other side of the estate on Saturday, he protested. Then I realised that we would take the same route if we brought him to see the family doctor. 4th floor of Compass Point has also proven to be a horror to him. On our way to the library, he'll cry cos the barber is located next to the library. Guess the shaving experience in May didn't leave fond memories. Aw.......poor Mong.

So there, he was playing hide n seek with the nurses. He hid behind the pram and luckily, sought some comfort from there. The toys distracted him further. When it was finally his turn, I said: "Come, let's go, follow Mummy", his lips dipped and he cried again. Pretty Dr Toh couldn't even get near him. Her charm, her soothing voice, sweets, my hp videos did not help. So we ended up asking and answering questions above the wails and protest. That session which lasted for 20 minutes also cost me $309 (consultation plus 60 sachets - please tell me the sachets work wonders).

Having about 1.5 hours before his lunch-time, I brought Mong to the Central Library. His 1st time there. My 1st time there. Selection of books isn't very wide but space was. He had a very good time exploring the place and arranging chairs in a row and counting them one by one.

My tiring but fruitful afternoon ended up with a teh C by myself and a tabloid thrash magazine. :)

4 comments:

barefoot girl said...

$309!!! Please remind me never to bring my kids to Raffles Hospital.

Miffy said...

Damn, now readers will know it's THAT hospital. Not my fault. Haha...

barefoot girl said...

Shit! they are not going to sue me right??... they can't sue me right?? :p

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»