Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Resignation

No no...not me. I haven't the guts (and insanity) to resign yet.
Yes I know I just broached on the "resume" subject. That was me. This is about :B.

As I am typing, :B is in the midst of THROWING (ooooh, I just love this word) the letter to her micro-managing boss. She has gotten 2 new offers and have decided on 1.

Tendering can be nerve-wrecking. While I am sure in most cases, it is something we dream of doing (cos I believe push factor is usually stronger than pull factor), the process of bringing that letter to the face of your boss, asshole or not, is still not fun.

I thought back on the days I did it. Those who know me well knew I was quite the job-hopper before my troops came along. I remembered for my 1st job, I was reduced to communicating via email with my boss on my last day. And in my last job (before this one), it wasn't pleasant too cos the boss didn't approve of my leave offsetting and hence, I was stuck cos I promised my new employer I could start on a certain day. In the end, I did the unthinkable - MCs and urgent leave. All of 4 days...and I was home-free.

Still, we always look forward to a new chapter.

PS: *yay* I am done with the 'interrogation and scrutiny' by those Jap dudes!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Let's celebrate LIBERATION!!!!!! It was like a break-up between a couple. He asked: Is it because of me? I smiled.