Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One of those mornings...

I was going to leave home when I thought I saw a small figure running out of the room, straight to the kitchen.

I was taken aback....then realised it was L'le Mong. Aw...still so sleepy, running towards comfort.

I carried him and he immediately embraced his little arms around me. I brought him into the room. I realised I had to leave then and there if I didn't want to sweat my armpits off to run for the bus or worse, miss it entirely (and have to pay extra and squeeze with 100001 people in NEL). So when Jun (the maid) took over, he was crying his hearts out. Again he broke my heart.

I am so envious of mothers out there who have the choice of staying at home. Well, not full-time. Heh. I would like to work 3 days a week and be with my troops for the other 4 days.

I know they have such arrangements with companies in Europe and Australia.
In Singapore, in private companies? Let's just put it simply - FAT HOPE.

1 comment:

barefoot girl said...

that explain why there are mums who will give up their high paid job and be a full time mum. Just becoz they dun wanna miss any of the kids growing up moments...