Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sibling Bond


Mong has reached the age whereby he'll take refuge in the one whom he finds most comforting.

Whenever Jun calls out to him: "Travis, are you hungry? Time for dinner.....! Mumm mumm...!", he'll come running to me. Heh. Yesterday, he ran into the room where I was, with his favourite Hungry Caterpillar book in hand and sat at my feet literally. I had to scoop him up and bring him to his chair.

He is also at the age whereby he is capable of feeling and expressing empathy. Last weekend when Becks was feeling so unwell and cranky, he looked at Jiejie and hugged her from behind. 2 arms around the entire circumference of Becks' body. Jiejie immediately stopped crying and broke into a smile despite tears-a-flowing.

Becks could also recover fast cos she's been such a co-operative gal. Unlike stories you hear of children protesting over medicine consumption, she needed no coaxing. She'd know when it was time for her medicine, opened her mouth widely and swallowed the liquid in a split second. She reasoned with me: "I must get well soon so that I can get near Travis again."

Kodak moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just so sweet.. they might be the only loving sibling I ever know...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.