Monday, July 31, 2006

Breakfast with ole friends

Finally I had breakfast with Serene and WB on Saturday.

Being a light sleeper and a mom too - are they mutually exclusive? - the day started really early with Serene first. Imagine, almost before 8am. She drove her Honda Accord to my place and we headed for hers. She wanted to pick up some mattress sheets and newspapers. Took me on a tour round her place...very nice but very clinical. It's all white, inclusive of the kitchen. Hence, her lucky maid is not expected (or rather, not allowed) to cook. She told me there are 44 small white lights in her living room itself. Mind you, her living room is NOT big.

So anyway, the breakfast session was really all about catching up. We hadn't seen each other since the O Levels. We used to be rather close when we were 14. The feeling I got is that we can do it again really soon. The chemistry with some friends just doesn't go away completely...and it always helps that we live near one another.

1 comment:

didadi said...

wow, still in touch with sec pals, that's rare or is it only me who just dont borther (actually not popular during Sec days) BTW, I have 36 light bulbds in my living room as well, not far off 40! heheh ...