Monday, July 17, 2006

Down and Out (Becky's turn)

It was a looooong and tiring weekend. On Friday afternoon, I received a call from mom informing that Becks was running a high fever (39C). I gave instructions on what medicine and the dosage to give. Mom's lack of sense in taking instruction (or simply too lazy to listen to wordy advice or anything from ME) grated on my nerves. She seemed to be in a hurry to disconnect also. Got me flared up... in the office. So there ya go. More than 3 years of cool n calm image projected in the office was gone in 1 sec.

By night, her temperature got higher. That meant sleepless night for M & I.

Saturday was spent separating the troops from each other ...and listening to Becks' every beck and call. Tired as I was, I was the willing 'slave'.

Finally, at 7am on Sunday, her fever broke and all was well when she woke up. We hurried her to Tien Hsia and again, brought Mong to Punggol Park. I am beginning to love that place. :)

It didn't end badly...but it taught me a few things. That being a parent isn't for the weak-hearted, it isn't for the impatient, it isn't for those who love or need to sleep, it isn't for those who badly want time and space for themselves. I got none of those.

I've learnt to function with just 2-3 hours of quality sleep on Friday and Saturday night. By function, I meant being the clown and playmate to Mong, being the attentive care-giver to Becks, being the companion to M (thank God we managed to squeeze in time for Gelare's waffles with their to-die-for chocolate ice cream - kept my sanity in check!), being the employer to Jun, and being the regular friend to :B (I didn't respond too poorly over sms despite my crazy schedule, did I?).

To better days ahead...... *cheers*

2 comments:

keathan said...

Super-mom to the rescue!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.