Thursday, July 27, 2006

Auntiness

Is it simply being in our 30s? I choose not to think so!

Well, I was just showing CF updated photos of my troops before sealing them in an envelope to be sent to my ex-maid when she commented: "What? Are you serious...you are going to send to her?"

I thought what the big fuss was...then in all auntiness, she clarified that she never did it despite several requests from her previous maid (who according to her, was reliable throughout the 2 years and doted on her kids) because she is 'very pan-tang' (superstitious).

OK, what now. Afraid of bomoh? Afraid she would accidentally leave behind a strand of her kids' hair or what. Her own pubes????????? WAHLAUEH.

Last week when I told her I was going to cut my hair this Saturday - much-awaited and needed, believe me - she said: "You sure....7th month coming. Cannot cut hair."

HUH? Then out of amusement and curiosity, I asked her what other restrictions. The rest I have heard before - DO NOT go out late at night, DO NOT buy new clothes for people, DO NOT move house, DO NOT go for ops (OK, what if someone is in dire need for the op??? OK, be polite...shut up Lorr...), etc.

I know I shouldn't mock at someone with their own beliefs and superstition. I mean I'm doing it here without her knowledge right? I was polite enough to just listen, smile and told her in my usual style: "Relax...chill."

So dear friends who know and read my blog, please spare me from such ****. Otherwise you will be blogged! :P

2 comments:

didadi said...

hey abt the sending photo to maid, not just coming from aunties, my colleague who is much younger ard 26yr old, told me the same when i was developing photos for my sis in-law's maid taken together w my nephew during his 1 yr old party.

Miffy said...

J, you scaring me leh. But I am wondering now - how about pictures posted on the internet? Aren't you afraid Al Queda would see yours and DO SOMETHING to them?